Thursday, November 1, 2018

9 Years and Counting...

Well, I started this blog more than 9 years ago during a time at which I felt life was at the threshold of a new start in many ways. We had moved to a new environment, we had moved in together with my Mother, I was heading out of my 30's, and I was no longer in the "baby" phase of life. Exciting! And it was!

This blog morphed into exploring life without my mother, as she passed away soon after the first post. Then it became consumed with cancer, as I entered treatment. Those two events overshadow my view of these last nine years almost entirely, for better or worse.

I'm not five years clear yet - that's to celebrate next year, same time, same place, Lord willing; however, I've just begun, over the last 6 months or so, to feel my sense of optimism and drive taking an upturn. I'm certainly NOT interested in writing any more about cancer - again, Lord willing. And that's an everyday prayer!

So here, tentatively, I feel life is opening it's doors a crack that I might peek through and hope to be part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for constructive and encouraging comments!