Monday, November 6, 2017

No FREAK-OUT Necessary

So, bit of a scare. What does a person with a history of cancer do when she finds a lump on her neck? FREAK-OUT.  What does her doctor do? ALSO FREAK-OUT.  (That's because I have the best doctor in the world.)

A couple of weeks ago I found a pea sized lump on the back of my neck. I think that would have freaked me out anyway, since I've never noticed anything like that before. Suffice it to say, I had an X-ray, an ultrasound, bloodwork, and a call into my oncologist within the week. In hindsight, maybe a bit of overkill. The thing's all but gone now.

None-the-less, it's good to have the all-clear again. Nothing showed up anywhere - except for arthritis in my sternoclavicular joint.  Yeah, weird. I wondered why I had this ever-disfiguring bone protrusion on my décolleté, which had already been ruled out as any kind of tumour. I don't wonder about very many things hard enough to get myself to a doctor's office, unless they appear to be life or death, so I just left it alone. It really wasn't hurting anyone and people weren't staring and pointing or anything. Anyway, nice to know, and nicer to know I'm not back in the crazy of cancer-world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for constructive and encouraging comments!