Slurpees for Everyone v 2016!

I cannot believe I actually fed my children slurpees, or rather FRZNCLDS, AGAIN. But after 10 months, great grades, and 11 years of the same reward, I couldn't say no.  I did suggest smoothies and most agreed that those would probably taste better than slurpees, but the novelty of the slurpees was key to the "reward" aspect of the whole event.

Why oh why does the iPhone distort the corners of photos?

I'm very proud of my kiddos this year.  It was a year of recuperation and just "getting it done" most of the time, and they all pulled through amazingly.  It was a thankful year.

A very wonderful part of every year is our read-alouds.  I make a lunch that will take as long as possible to eat and I read for as long as it takes - usually a couple of chapters of some (hopefully) juicy book.  We laugh, we are shocked, we are surprised, we are sad to say good-bye to the friends we've met in each book when we are done.

Since we have done so much Sonlight, reading aloud is integral to our learning.  We studied the Middle Ages this year so we read about that era in England, Korea and Italy through historically based novels. I only have a picture of 4 our RA's because the rest came from the library and went back there before I got a picture : (  
Some of our 2015/16 read alouds
Good readers are also a key factor in our learning and I LOVE to load up my shelves and my children with good books.  Here are few we covered this year (the rest being back on the library's shelves):

2016 Readers
All this book-talk is probably deathly boring to anyone but homeschool moms and other such bibliophiles, but for us just the glimpse of a good book makes our hearts beat faster and seeing other people's stacks of books is just, well, delicious!

The quote of the year goes to my ten year-old, who always has the best attitude about everything.
She seemed inordinately relieved and even giddy about actually being finished school which seemed odd since she never seemed to mind doing school.

When I told her I was surprised at how she felt she informed me, "It's really, really hard work to have a great attitude for a whole school year!"

Ahhhh, she worked at it... I hope the rest of the student body was taking notes ; )

With the planning of next year nearly complete, ON TO SUMMER!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!