Beautiful Busy-ness

Ah, to be buried in throes of wrapping up the year and planning next year.  What a privilege! I've been completely ignoring my blog, but thoroughly enjoying doing the regular old stuff I wasn't sure I'd get to do again, this time last year.

Here's the start of next year's school taking place in my basement:



It's so fun to open up bins of books that feel like old friends and to be thinking about introducing them to another one of my students.  It's not so much the math books, even though Rightstart Math is brilliant, it's largely the years and years of Sonlight books that flood my memories when I crack open a bin. The great snuggles, the laughs and plot twists, interesting discussions, just the adventures we've been on together all over the world and every time period, give me a little thrill as I pull out a stack of readers and read-alouds for this year.

We are studying North American history/Renaissance and explorers over the next couple of years to take us into to the 20th century, so there are lots of places to travel in the pages of our books that will be a little more familiar than middle ages Europe, as exciting as that has been. Well, it's been exciting to me, but I always learn more than anyone else anyway.  I'm really homeschooling just for me.

There is more, of course, than just stories on that table. There's math, spelling, grammar... and upstairs on the computer are all the online courses we'll be doing - the grade 11 guy in particular. Out the front door are the writing classes and science camps and STEM labs. Yep, 2016/17 is shaping up to be a good looking year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!