One Year Later




This was the sight that greeted those who had to visit the Cancer Clinic today.  The picture does not do it justice in the least, the whole place had a lovely fall theme, provided, I understand, by the receptionist there who must have a LOT of storage at her disposal.  She does something wonderful for every season.  I know that because I have now been a guest there during every season of the year!

My visit today confirmed that it has been a year since my surgery - I thought it must be something like that but I didn't have the wherewithal to look it up myself in my old planner. I mean, I didn't care THAT much to celebrate the anniversary.

I also found out something else today that I suspected but didn't know for sure.  I'm considered a Stage 2A cancer patient, with a Grade 3 tumour.  This sounds really dumb, but based on what the surgeon had told me waaaay back I had supposed Stage 2 cancer but somehow the oncologist did not actually say those words and I have ever since been too chicken to ask.  What if I thought Stage 2 and it was actually Stage 3? What good would that do? The odds they gave me would still be the same, right? At any rate, I just could never quite bring myself to ask. But Stage 2A is good.  Better than 2B and much better than 3 onward.

One reason I found out lots of information today was that my oncologist has a resident, and I've found that whenever one of my Dr.'s has a resident I get a lot more information than I do when it's just me and Him/Her (capitals intended - they feel like God to me too often). The resident is trying to do a good and thorough job and I always get the full meal deal of a check up. And then the REAL bonus is that they ask lots of questions in their interview and then translate everything I've said into Doctor Lingo, right in front of me, so that the Dr. doesn't have to think I'm an idiot trying to explain something to Him/Her!  It's like a eavesdropping on your parents or something.  So I always say yes to having a resident check me out. A little free advice for you.  Hope you never need it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!