Snake venom (and other herbs) to the rescue!

More good news!  While seeing my GP on Thursday I inadvertently got the results of my MUGA.  It appears the snake venom did the trick! My heart is actually pumping better than it did before I started. How crazy is that? I'm 2% over what I need to be - which is actually a good margin.

I also haven't heard from the Cancer Clinic, so it would appear I'm good to go for my Herceptin treatment on Wednesday.  I am SO glad.

From what I've read the Herceptin will increase my overall survival by 37%.  That's not shabby.  The 10 year survival rate when Herceptin was added to chemotherapy went from 74% to 84%.  My oncologist said that I should have an 80% chance of living to be an old lady, so that's about right.  He has no idea how I cling to that little phrase of his.  80% is a good number, although it doesn't mean 80% chance of being cancer-free, it only means being alive. But still...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!