It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

In contrast to last week, it's a beautiful spring day here in my neighbourhood. My sincere apologies to those on the east coast still in the midst of winter. I truly do feel guilty, I do!  The maple tree is blooming outside my window, the tulips on my porch are ruby and amethyst, and the deer can't find them there, so they should last awhile.

Last week, in comparison, was dreary in every sense of the word. So much rain and grey it seemed to me. It was a grey week spirit-wise as I heard bad news about 3 different ladies struggling with cancer. All younger than me, similar cancers, one of them, a beautiful mom of 4, Kara Tippetts, gone now. Even Angelina Jolie, with all her news-making pre-emptive surgery, found some cancer markers in her blood and opted for even more surgery to cut out the places where the cancer might want to live. Very dreary indeed.

But back to spring. It's a beautiful, dry day, my school term reports are nearly done, I have plans this afternoon and evening to spend time with wonderful, Godly ladies for mutual encouragement and prayer. So today is a good day.  I hope yours is a good day too.


Matthew 6:34
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

or in more contemporary terms:

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.



So easy to say, SO hard to do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!