Chemo Round 4

Gosh, has it been 10 days?  Had a bit of tougher time this round, it took about 9 days to feel right again and then I launched in to making sure school and food was taken care of.  I didn't feel terrible, just not well and not very energetic or enthusiastic. Or motivated.  And sometimes not pleasant ; )

I had round 4 today which will include the last round of the injections needed from my husband : ).  The next 4 rounds of chemo will be spaced 3 wks apart, supposedly allowing my white blood cells to catch up without the help of a very expensive shot.

I feel ok right now, the anti-nausea meds make me dizzy and tired, but overall I'm ok. My next chemo session is in 2 weeks before which I need to get a MUGA test to measure the output of my heart (I think).  I'm too chicken to see what that involves yet, so I can't share.  They mentioned "injection". Then I go for 2 consecutive days to get the treatments. It involves 2 different drugs so they want to make sure I don't have an allergic reaction to either one before they administer them concurrently the next time around. These are supposed to be a little easier on the body. Yey.

Stayed tuned. I'm planning my next post to be an "Ode to my Wig", hopefully with pictures...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!