An Ode to My Wig

AN ODE TO MY WIG
(with help from a daughter)

If you have hair 
You may not care
what I have to say of a wig.
But if you are bald
You may be called
To pay extra attention - give a fig!

With my hair gone
And the wig on
Most say they cannot tell,
It is a fact 
And surprising that
My new hair is an easy sell.

Showers are short
I'm glad to report,
No washing/conditioning for me!
I'm sleeping more,
Headed out the door
With my blow dryer buried deep.

I just pop on my style
With a knowing smile,
It looks the same everyday!
Why would I go back 
To the style I lacked
When my hair was my own, no way!



Ok, well I probably will go back to my own hair (just because it's' weird not to) but, seriously, this is the best hair I've every had! And I absolutely hate the whole hair styling thing. Not to mention I never have to cut or colour this...  So what if it feels like a hat? Nothing feels worse on your head than a bad hair day does it?

I've read many women say that the worst part of chemotherapy for them was the losing of their hair. What? Yes, it's kind of traumatic to have your hair fall out etc. but really, feeling ill is so much higher on my personal list of things I can't stand, that in actual fact I'm really glad I don't have to be doing my hair these days.

The worst part of the chemo for me is definitely not the hair (or lack thereof) it's just not feeling good.  I'm a terrible sick person. Sitting not the couch or laying bed, or being up and distracted by innumerable worrying pains and discomforts that get in the way of me living life feels like torture. I find it *so* frustrating. It makes me a bit snippy I'm sad to say.

Galatians 5:22 lists the fruit of the Spirit - aka what we should see developing in our lives as growing Christians. Tell me if I've missed "snippy" as one of them:

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such things there is no law."

Yeah, I don't see it there either, and there probably should be a law against "snippy".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!