These are Happy Times

Yes, these are happy times in my life.  I have a terrible tendency to skip the now and be living in some terrible future I've imagined or, in my zeal to "to live my best life now" as Oprah would put it, be constantly over-vigilant in improving the moment. Which of course implies that the moment cannot be enjoyed just the way it is and I miss it. I just needed to stop and acknowledge that my "now" is just great. My mother never had as many years of happy times in her whole life put together as I've had with my family. Maybe that's why I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop - but that is really not receiving God's blessings for the present.

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"  

Luke 12:25

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!