13 months down, 6 weeks to go!



Know what this is?  This is my LAST chemo appointment card.  Today I went for my third to last chemo appointment.  Next time it will my second to last, and February 17, 2016 will be the last time I check into the chemo room, sit that big blue chair, get plugged into some sketchy dripping drug, and make small talk with the nurses.  I can't believe it, the end is in sight some 14 months after I first walked through those chemo doors!

Lord willing.
Of course "last" can be a relative sort of word.  I'm choosing to think of it as "LAST EVER", but only God knows if it's the last of 2016 or the first last of many or...   but anyway, this ''last" is clearly in sight for now!

I've set my sights on 2020.  If I am healthily ringing in the New Year of 2020, I will have made it to that magic "five year" mark (which I realize is not a guarantee, just a milestone).  I will be considered a "survival event" ; )  I will be in the 80% that lives 5 years and not the 20% that doesn't.   I've never been more excited at the thought of turning 50! Bring it on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!