Chemotherapy 8 down NONE to go!

Ok, so this is a little bit how I felt on Wednesday when I went in for my LAST chemo treatment:


No, this isn't me ; ), just one of my beautiful children, captured by my very talented father-in-law's camera. 


It was a day that I've been looking forward to since November when they laid out the plan for me.  Yes, I still have to go back every 3 weeks for Herceptin, but that is not officially "chemotherapy", and the side effects are basically none. So I felt a bit giddy before, after, and during the 5 hours I was there!  The nurses are all wonderful and made sure to congratulate me on my last one; but as with all things cancer, the good news is always tempered.  We were reminded that there were many, many people there that won't have a last chemo session, or rather when they do, it won't be because they are better. Sigh. It just takes the wind out of me.  No matter what, we each only have this very day in which to be thankful, not tomorrow.

But tomorrows are still pressing in! My calendar has suddenly filled up with a round of new tests and treatments: MUGA heart scan Monday, CT scan following Monday, Oncology Dr. appt. and Herceptin treatment following week, 20 radiation treatments plus 2 more Herceptin related appt.'s in May, plus regular Dr. appt. for me and dentist appts. for some kids...   That's a lot of driving and Dr.'s!  I'm so glad it's spring and the weather is bright and happy.  I hope it's turning bright and happy where you are also :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!