Get Some Exercise!

Here's a picture I tried to post a while ago but technical difficulties won.  This comes out of my daughter's Abeka Science 7 book (sorry about the glare):



Outside of just being a really cool picture, why does this matter to you? Well, one way your Killer T cells are activated is by exercise! Hence, one key factor in fighting cancer is exercise, the more the better.  That's what I keep reading anyway. This picture of what my body is naturally created to do is a great visual to get me off the couch. I visualize Killer T-cells flooding my body cleaning out cancer and other junk as I go for my walk.  Apparently it doesn't have to be crazy hard exercise, just getting up and moving your body is the idea.

If you want to get motivated to move around in more creative and interesting ways you might want to check out this blog I enjoy called Katy Says .  She's a biomechanist with lots to say about our "diseases of captivity".  She does not have furniture in her living room.  She does not sleep on a mattress.  She is a little raw in her posts occasionally, but I sure have learned to see how I can use my body in a completely different way. Did you know that Depends does not do as much business in cultures that do not sit on chairs all the time?  Hmmm...

I'm trying to draw inspiration from anywhere and everywhere because, to be honest, I like laying around and reading books and drinking coffee better than almost anything.  I used to be pretty active when I was younger but that was only because I got to do the two things I love most: dancing and horse riding.  It's easy to exercise when it involves 2 things you always want to do.  Now that I've really not been in a position to do those 2 things for the last 15 years I must find other things to do.  Going for a walk to get nowhere and accomplish nothing is not really my idea of a good time but I'm doing it anyway. I'm trusting other ideas will come my way.

So now, because we all know misery loves company, I'm hoping anyone reading this will be inspired to get moving - even a little.  Maybe you can share with me what you're doing and we can be each other's cheerleaders for a while. Rah, rah.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!