Just a Great Day.

What a Blissful day. A satisfying, frustrating, joyful, busy, productive, boring - normal - day.  Today felt almost like I never had cancer.   It rained outside, I hate the rain.  I was tired after staying up too late, I hate homeschooling tired (everybody hates me homeschooling tired).  School started off chaotically, chaos sucks the life out of me. And yet I was only feeling "regular" tired not chemo tired, I didn't have to go out in the rain that I hate, and the chaos didn't come from managing calls from the cancer clinic or racing out to Dr.'s appointments, it was only too many kiddos doing too many tests at once... Bliss!

The Bliss also stems from this wonderful window I'm in of 18 days FREE of any treatment or appointment. I have not had 18 days in a row free of medical intervention since August. It seems like I just won a vacation!  And to feel almost normal today was just the capstone : )

NO, no, WAIT!  The capstone was that this was the 2nd day that I have not had to make dinner.  I detest cooking and a couple of sweet friends have provided meals for us with enough left over that I'm planning on not making dinner tomorrow either!  YEY!   On Tuesday one of my wonderful daughters traded her vacuuming for my 1/2-way-done dinner and finished it off for me.  I was never so thoroughly thrilled with vacuuming in my whole life. Yes, I would rather clean than cook, bake, or even make cold sandwiches.  It's just so much more satisfying and it almost always turns out right, which can't be said about my food preparation.  I'm not saying I would rather clean than read a book, or stare off into space or any number of other things, but it sure beats making food.


This is also Bliss!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!