In the Right Place at the Right Time

Well, I continue on, recovering from my treatment last Thursday.  I feel much better on this medication than the AC of the last four treatments. Next to no nausea, which is a great change! The paclitaxel causes more muscle cramps and weird nerve reactions as far as I can tell. I feel more like I have the flu than anything else. Very manageable, if not pleasant.

I have been cooped up a lot though, not quite able to make it out, sitting around, not sure what to do with myself. I should be researching radiation treatments and Tamoxifen and that sort of thing but, yuck.  My mind wanders to a few months from now when I'll not be so weighed down with chemo effects and rather I'll be left to wonder if and when and where the cancer will come back. I've read that the brand of cancer cell I have likes to particularly travel to the brain. Hmmm.  No prophylactic surgery for that one. It doesn't mean it will travel there, the odds are in my favour, but still. The odds are not the same as if I had no cancer.

But, if it pleases the Lord to have me here, in this situation, then I am pleased as well. I gave Him my life a long time ago to do with what He wanted. He is the Potter and I am the clay, does the clay complain about that into which it is made? No, it's mere existence, rather, gives honour to the Potter and even more-so when it is being used for that for which is was designed - which only the Potter really knows.  I'm not pleased to have cancer but I am pleased to know that no matter what I am in the centre of His will, just where I have always desired to be and He will meet me there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!