Celebrity!

I had the privilege today of being deemed a celebrity ultrasound case!  How many people can say that? I got to have an extra tech in the room just to practice finding my arm veins!  Apparently they get to see lot of leg cases but many fewer arm problems.  : )

I started having pain in my arm before Christmas, like my sleeve was too tight up by my shoulder and was constricting my arm somehow and turning it a weird colour and making the veins standout (I have been a little freaked). Note this is not my surgery side arm, it's the other one, the only one left with good veins, so they say.

At my pre-chemo checkup today the Doc decided to send me in for an ultrasound to rule out blood clots, which they did, thankfully. But the ultrasound techs were pretty enthused about having me in there!  Well, not me of course, only my arm ; )

So what should have been a 3 hour morning event at the Cancer Clinic, turned out to be all day as I got to impress the staff in Medical Imaging.   I was going to offer to sign their scrubs or something but oddly, they were gone in a jif after taking their pictures.  Ah, must learn my time is not my own.  (The secret is that it never was, right?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!