Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! Make Trophies!

Ok, this has to be one of the top recycling projects ever.


The good thing about having 4 children is that there is almost always one that loves you, no matter what you've said or done. It's not always the same one, but there is at *least* one.  This particular one is frequently effervescent with her expressions of love and it's a wonderful thing.  It's just the way God made her :)

I've really been thinking about the special gifts we have each been given. They are easy to see when you live with a passel of children.  Some of us are sparkly and bubbly, some of us have a quiet, deep love. Some of us have a sense of humour or a logical mind and some are gifted with a drive to get things done.  We can't have it all, you can't be both quiet and bubbling over all at the same time and one is not better than the other, just different. One of the best things about being a parent is the privilege to encourage children to grow in their own way. It's endlessly fascinating and I've sure grown in my appreciation for all different kinds of people.

So, I'm really NOT the best mom, in case you were wondering. I have other children who have the gift of telling it like it is, so I know not to believe all of my own press no matter what the pink paper say.  I do know now, though, that I should always say "yes" when someone asks to rifle through the recycling bin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!