A woman's glory is her hair. I'm in trouble...

It was a beautiful day in the Cancer Clinic neighbourhood yesterday as I went in for my Herceptin treatment.   I was really not looking forward to going in (duh!)  It's almost as if these intermittent appointments are harder because in between I can almost forget about cancer.  (Unless I look in the mirror - ghastly - more about that later). Then all of a sudden I'm back in the world of the big C and it's a bit of downer. At least I wasn't there long, only an hour-ish, but I would really prefer to ignore it all and just do summer.

They like me there though, and the reason I know that is that every time I go to leave they hand me a little card telling me when I should come back and see them!  This card has about 6 more visits listed on it,  about which I felt quite overwhelmed.  They must really like me a lot.  The appointments span out until the end of September though, so it's not sooooo daunting.

I can say that looking in the mirror is VERY daunting.  I look awful.  The wig is not sitting right anymore or something since I have some hair growing back, it's just looking weird and feeling hot and more weird. So I've been going around with a ball cap on my plain ol' head. Not a great look for me either - but much better than me with a 1/2" of hair.  (Darn it, don't have a picture!)  If I had any shred of vanity left even that has now vacated.  Not only is my hair short - it's grey. So I came out to show the kids in hopes they would say something to effect of  "Hey Mom!  You look pretty good! Forget the hat and the wig!".  Instead they all shared the same horrified look and the 2 youngest informed me, "We're just not ready for grey!".  So I dyed it. It still looks disastrous but at least it's a younger version of disaster.

Sigh.  And that's just my hair...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!