I'm done I'm done I'm done!

I never thought last June that "I'm finished radiation" would be in my vocabulary; but it is!

20 radiation appointments  - check.
20 - 3hr round trips into town - check.
20 changes into 2 blue hospital gowns - check.
20 encounters with the fabulous radiology staff at the Clinic - check.

Now I await an appointment with my Radiologist on July 29 "to see if it worked".  I'm not sure how they tell if it worked.  I didn't even know they could tell until 3:13 this afternoon when the nurse let me in on the next step in this odyssey.  I'll let you know.

In the meantime I await the results of my MUGA (left ventrical heart scan) yesterday, to see if I can continue my Herceptin treatments.  I expect to get a call for an appointment with my Oncologist for Tuesday next week as they've pre-booked my Herceptin appointment for Weds. and he has to give me the go-ahead. I hope I get it. Although the few treatments I've had are helpful, more would be better I think. I'd like to rack up 6 months worth at least.  The initial treatment plan was for 9 months. It seems like no one expected my heart to be much of a problem, I certainly didn't.

In considering my experiences over the past month or so I noticed I've developed an unexpected approach to the onslaught of appointments.  Somedays I have 2, 3 or even 4 different appointments, and I barely bat an eye anymore.  This past month has become just a series of visits with pleasant people who do almost any manner of poking, prodding, photographing, or even writing on my body.  We have some friendly conversation before and after, and I'm on my way to another couple of pleasant people - wash, rinse repeat.  Really, nearly everyone has been wonderful, so I just get my visiting hat on (figuratively speaking) and off I go.  It almost doesn't even phase me what they are doing anymore, it could be my nails or tattooing my sternum - whatever! It's kind of like making new friends everyday! How nice is that?

What has happened to me?!?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!