Girls' Night In

Well I'm almost a week post-treatment and I've managed ok.  I've felt crummy, but not terrible. My spirits are a little low.  I think where it's getting me is just staying home too much. I'm just not going anywhere, seeing anything, seeing anybody. I don't feel quite up to being out, but the (teeny) social butterfly in me is suffering for it. I'm really NOT a socialite, but for my own good I need to not sequester myself at home as much as enjoy it.

For example I didn't make it to church on Sunday because I thought I might get there and be too tired  to drive home, thus the prudent decision was not to go. Unfortunately that meant I didn't get to see my wonderful church family and be encouraged by their love and care nor be a support to them, which is equally if not more important. I hate being bogged down by my own "stuff" all the time, it just gets really old really quick. It is good to bear one another's burdens.

Being a homebody this weekend had a distinct advantage however. Since my husband and son were on a weekend away together doing Passport to Purity, my girls and I had a campout in the living room! Complete with snacks, tents, sleeping bags AND a fire :)  I wasn't feeling 100% but I don't think they noticed that we didn't do all the things I had planned but just ate hotdogs and watched a movie.  It was good fun and I'm so glad we did it. I'm not usually one to have fun ideas, so this was a rare and special moment. I thought when they postponed my last treatment I might have to forget the whole thing, but it all worked out. I even had a decent sleep on the couch. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!