Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Well, There's No T-shirt.

Soooooo, that ol' COVID-19 Pandemic, eh?

I am currently out at my last public coffee/laptop hurrah for a long time, I guess, as the world continues to shut down. Good thing I have good coffee at home! But, sitting in a sunny shop, sipping coffee with two creams, working on my laptop is one of my most favourite things to do, and I will look forward eagerly to when it's a thing again, Lord willing.

BREAKING NEWS:

Oh, Wait! I'm THE last in-house customer at our local A&W. No joke. It's 3:07 in the afternoon and they just got notice saying that before tonight even, they have to close the dining area. Wow. That cuts even my last hurrah VERY SHORT!

They are putting up chairs all around me and talking about who doesn't have to come in tomorrow. I asked them if I get a t-shirt or something, but they said no, just bragging rights, lol.

I think this is all kind of good. I think it's going to force us to draw on hidden strengths that we like to say are valuable and we believe in–you know, the stuff they teach kindergarteners–but maybe are lying pretty deep in us grownups. I think it's good for us, like medicine. Really yucky medicine.

Ultimately I hope it reminds us that we are NOT in control, never have been, never will be, and we are not "all that", but there is One who is! (spoiler: it's Jesus)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for constructive and encouraging comments!