Tuesday, January 14, 2020

What I Learned from an Astronaut

What in the world could I learn from an astronaut? Like, we have nothing in common: I despise Physics, I don't even know what NASA stands for, and I NEVER, EVER want to go to space.

But wait, it seems we do have things? We both, for example, have to get along with people in small spaces, we both see ourselves fulfilling a mission bigger than ourselves, we both juggle ambitions, relationships, and responsibilities rather imperfectly.

I actually learned a lot about life on earth (and in space!) from Chris Hadfield. It's intriguing to me that the same tools I need to get along with my family/friends/world such as chapters like:

#3. The Power of Negative Thinking
#4. Sweat the Small Stuff
and, last but not least, #9. Aim to Be a Zero,

would also serve me well on the International Space Station.
Not that you could pay me enough to go there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for constructive and encouraging comments!