A Spade's a Spade - Even on Thanksgiving.



Yes, the turkey looks like it's sticking out its weirdly long tongue at us. After I posted the picture I felt like it was rather a serendipity because, well, I don't feel like giving thanks. I feel like my thanks-giver is worn out. I feel tired of turning crummy things inside out to find the silver lining.  Some things are just crummy.

I am thankful that we are all healthy this year, truly! I'm thankful I've got a warm place inside today because it's pouring gigantic drops of rain. There are many other things too, just not everything. I do realize it's not my usual approach, and it's anti-scriptural, and it's no good for me or anyone else but what can I say: I'm a bit gloomy this year and feel like calling spades spades - which should make the world very afraid...

Note Bene (NB) for my international friends:  It's Thanksgiving Day in Canada today; I'm in Canada
: )


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!