Mother's Day?

What a weird day. It seems like a nice idea but in reality it looks like a lot of mothers doing a lot of work on top of the lot of work they already do to make other mothers feel special (which is nice!). I personally have no knowledge of any mother for whom Mother's Day equals a game of golf, dinner out and arriving home to find all the regular work has been done and they are not more behind than when they left. It's just the nature of the job I guess. I'm not complaining, just wondering. If it could be different. 

Here's Me and the reasons that today I got homemade cards, a chocolate bar (bought with my only son's own money!), hugs and kisses and a pot of purple mums...  And the reasons I do the work and the extra work and try daily to count it all joy (James 1:2)

Left to Right:  Paige 3,   Sean 9,   Brooke 1,   Jenna 7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!