6 Months to Go...

Well, today is the first day of my 6 month odyssey to 40. That's what this blog is about. 40 itself is not a big deal however it is nonetheless a cultural milestone and comes at a time when I'm ready for a new phase of life; where I have the opportunity to make some changes, a chance for some re-creation.

Why now?  For the last 10 years I've been VERY busy having four beautiful children (1 boy, 3 girls now aged 9 through 1)
 and falling behind in every other area. I have barely kept up with the having of babies never mind keeping physically, spiritually and mentally fit, my marriage needs a tune-up big time, I have no idea who I am or how to enjoy myself anymore.  The things I did when I was in my single 20's come to mind but thankfully I realize they are wholly inappropriate! What *does* a Middle-aged, Married, Single-income, Christian, Homeschooling, Mom of 4 do for fun anyway? How is she supposed to look? (have you noticed that middle-aged women's magazines all have food on the front instead of people?) Does she have a life?

These are questions I will be exploring. I will be getting my body healthier and fitter (word?), my attitude needs a serious overhaul... I want to arrive at my 40th birthday with a clue and feeling as good as a person with a 40 year old body and 6 months of exercise can. Oh yeah and I want to have a fun party too... so what *does* a Middle-aged, Married, Single-income, Christian, Homeschooling, Mom of 4 do for fun anyway?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Learning Links!

Unintended Homeschooler?

Seeing Clearly, Accepting What Is, Choosing Joy

The Early Bird Gets the Worm - And I Know Why!

TOO MUCH!!